The Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS) 2000 Series, the Cisco ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP), and the Cisco Carrier Packet Transport platform share a common set of controller cards which perform system initialization, provisioning, alarm reporting, maintenance, diagnostics, IP addressing, data-communications-channel (DCC) termination, monitoring of system input voltage, system fault detection, and multishelf management connections. The line cards include the:
- Cisco ONS 15454 Transport Node Controller (TNC) Card
- Cisco ONS 15454 Transport Shelf Controller (TSC) Card
- Cisco ONS 15454 Enhanced Transport Node Controller (TNCE) Card
- Cisco ONS 15454 Enhanced Transport Shelf Controller (TSCE) Card
- Cisco NCS 2000 Series Transport Node Controller (TNCS) Card
- Cisco NCS 2000 Series Transport Node Controller with OTDR (TNCS-O) Card
The TNC, TNCE, TNCS and TNCS-O cards feature two optical service channel (OSC) ports that support a supervisory data channel (SDC), distribution of synchronous clocking, and a 100-Mbps user data channel (UDC). The TNCE, TSCE, TNCS and TNCS-O cards support the IEEE1588v2 Precision Timing Protocol (PTP) and time of day (ToD) with pulse per second (PPS), in addition to supporting Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE)/source-specific multicast (SSM).