Cisco QSFP-40G-SR4 40GBASE-SR4, 4 Lanes, 850 nm MMF MPO-12 QSFP Transceiver
Inteleca is not, and does not claim to be, an authorized Distributor/Reseller of this manufacturer's products.
The Cisco® 40GBASE QSFP+ (Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus) modules offer customers a wide variety of high-density 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, high-performance computing networks, enterprise core and distribution layers, and service provider transport applications.
Main features of Cisco 40GBASE QSFP+ modules include:
- Support for 40GBASE Ethernet
- Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into a 40-Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ Cisco switch port
- Flexibility of interface choice
- Interoperable with other IEEE-compliant 40GBASE interfaces available in various form factors
- Support for "pay-as-you-populate" model
- Support for the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature which enables a Cisco switch to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco
The Cisco 40GBASE-SR4 QSFP+ Module supports link lengths of 100m and 150m respectively on laser-optimized OM3 and OM4 multimode fiber cables. It primarily enables high-bandwidth 40G optical links over 12-fiber ribbon r cables terminated with MPO/MTP multi-fiber connectors. It can also be used in 4x10G mode along with ribbon to duplex fiber breakout cables for connectivity to four 10GBASE-SR optical interfaces. Maximum channel insertion loss allowed is respectively 1.9dB over 100m of OM3 cable or 1.5dB over 150m of OM4 cable.
The Cisco 40GBASE-CSR4 QSFP+ Module is similar to the 40GBASE-SR4 interface extends supported link lengths to 300m and 400m respectively on laser-optimized OM3 and OM4 multimode fiber cables. Each 10-gigabit lane of this module is compliant to IEEE 10GBASE-SR specifications. This module can be used for native 40G optical links over 12-fiber ribbon cables with MPO/MTP connectors, or in 4x10G mode with ribbon to duplex fiber breakout cables for connectivity to four 10GBASE-SR interfaces. Maximum channel insertion loss allowed is respectively 2.6dB over 300m of OM3 cable or 2.9dB over 400m of OM4 cable.
The Cisco 40GBASE-LR4 QSFP+ Module (Figure 2) supports link lengths of up to 10km over a standard pair of G.652 single-mode fiber with duplex LC connectors. The 40 Gigabit Ethernet signal is carried over four wavelengths. Multiplexing and demultiplexing of the four wavelengths are managed within the device.
|Data transfer rate (max)||4000 Mbit/s|
|Fiber optic connector||LC|
|SFP transceiver type||SR|
|Cable type||Fiber optic|
|Multi-mode fiber (MMF) supported|
|Fiber cable diameters supported||50/125|
|Maximum transfer distance||5905.5" (150 m)|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 70 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-40 - 85 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 80%|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 85%|
- Orders placed before 4pm EST M-F will ship same day
- Estimated delivery window is calculated at checkout
- Worldwide shipping available
- Items can be returned for any reason within 30 days
- Contact us to obtain an RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization) prior to returning equipment
- 10% Restocking fee applies in most cases
- View Full Terms & Conditions
- If you encounter any issues with your equipment, our technicians will try to guide you through a solution, as it may be due to configuration
- If unable to resolve the issue over the phone, Inteleca will provide a replacement, repair the equipment, or issue a full refund
- Warranty Period limited to 90 Days for Resellers
- View Full Terms & Conditions