Cisco PVDM4-64 64-channel high-density voice DSP module
Inteleca is not, and does not claim to be, an authorized Distributor/Reseller of this manufacturer's products.
The Cisco® Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor Modules (PVDMs) enable Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) to provide rich-media capabilities such as high-density voice connectivity, conferencing, transcoding, media optimization, transrating, and secure voice for Cisco Unified Communications solutions. These new modules support unprecedented scale while allowing for a smaller solution footprint than ever before.
The PVDMs support digital voice connections, conferencing, universal transcoding, and media optimization services:
- T1/E1 voice: One of the primary uses of PVDMs is to packetize digital voice into IP packets to enable time-division multiplexing (TDM) digital voice applications.
- Conferencing: PVDM modules support ad hoc and meet-me conferencing with various codecs in conjunction with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- Universal transcoding: In conjunction with Cisco IOS® Software, the PVDMs support universal transcoding, which allows conversion from any supported codec to any other supported codec.
- Transrating: The PVDMs support transrating, in which the same codec is repacketized in order to connect dissimilar networks that have different codec packetization periods.
- Voice-quality management: The PVDMs perform compression, voice-activity detection, jitter management, and echo cancellation. The echo cancellation offered in the PVDMs has a tail length of 128 milliseconds and complies with ITU-T G.168.
- Energy savings: The motherboard PVDMs (PVDM4s) offer multiple power-saving modes, including a power-saver mode when the module is not in use. In power-saver mode, each PVDM4 can save up to 5 watts of power.
The analog voice modules (FXS, FXO, and E/M) and Basic Rate Interface (BRI) digital voice modules for the 4000 Series ISRs contain built-in, nonconfigurable digital signal processors (DSPs) and do not require any additional PVDMs for voice packetization.
|Width||2.01" (51 mm)|
|Depth||2.64" (67 mm)|
|Height||0.669" (17 mm)|
|Weight||1.27 oz (36 g)|
|Number of voice channels supported (max)||64|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 50 °C|
|Compatibility||Cisco 4331, Cisco 4351, Cisco 4451|
- Orders placed before 4pm EST M-F will ship same day
- Estimated delivery window is calculated at checkout
- Worldwide shipping available
- Items can be returned for any reason within 30 days
- Contact us to obtain an RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization) prior to returning equipment
- 10% Restocking fee applies in most cases
- View Full Terms & Conditions
- If you encounter any issues with your equipment, our technicians will try to guide you through a solution, as it may be due to configuration
- If unable to resolve the issue over the phone, Inteleca will provide a replacement, repair the equipment, or issue a full refund
- Warranty Period limited to 90 Days for Resellers
- View Full Terms & Conditions