Cisco HWIC-3G-HSPA 3G Wireless WAN HWIC for Cisco Integrated Services Routers
Inteleca is not, and does not claim to be, an authorized Distributor/Reseller of this manufacturer's products.
The Cisco 3G WWAN HWICs are the first enterprise-class 3G WWAN solution. Suitable for both backup and primary applications, these cards support the latest 3G standards (High-Speed Packet Access [HSPA] and Evolve-Data Optimized [EVDO] Rev A) and are backward-compatible with Universal Mobile Telecommunications Service (UMTS), Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution (EDGE), General Packet Radio Service (GPRS), and EVDO Rev 0/1xRTT. The Cisco 3G WWAN HWICs Series has two variants:
- Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) and UMTS models are based on 3GPP, and they support HSPA (High-Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA)), UMTS, EDGE, and GPRS.
- Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) models are based on 3GPP2, and they support EVDO Rev A/Rev 0 and 1xRTT.
The Cisco 3G WWAN HWICs are tightly integrated with the services provided on the award-winning Cisco integrated services routers, which deliver secure data, voice, video, and mobility services. The Cisco 3G WWAN HWICs are supported on the modular Cisco 1841 and 1861 Integrated Services Routers and the Cisco 1900, 2800, 2900, 3800 and 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers.
Enterprises are looking for ways to reduce costs, increase revenue, and improve business continuity. The Cisco 3G WWAN HWICs, when coupled with a service provider wireless data plan, provide a cost-effective, rapidly deployable, reliable, and secure backup solution for remote sites and branch offices. With data rates approaching T1 speeds, 3G networks provide an alternative to wire line backup solutions such as ISDN, cable, and DSL. If a network fails, the Cisco integrated services router routes mission-critical data to the Cisco 3G WWAN HWIC for transmission across the wireless infrastructure. In addition, the router can distinguish different types of traffic and allow only mission-critical traffic to flow over the backup interface. The 3G wireless WAN HWICs are available in multiple part numbers. The CDMA part number is HWIC-3G-CDMA-x* (where x reflects the wireless carrier), HWIC-3G-HSPA, HWIC-3G-HSPA-A and HWIC-3G-HSPA-G. Figure 1 shows the cards.
|Power consumption (typical)||4.5 W|
|Width||3.07" (78 mm)|
|Depth||4.88" (124 mm)|
|Height||0.748" (19 mm)|
|Weight||3.84 oz (109 g)|
|Form factor||3G WWAN HWIC|
|Safety||UL 60950-1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1, EN 60950-1, IEC 60950-1, AS/NZS 60950.1, FCC 2.1093, RSS-102, EN 50385|
|Compatibility||Cisco 1841, 1861, 1900, 2800, 2900, 3800, 3900|
- Orders placed before 4pm EST M-F will ship same day
- Estimated delivery window is calculated at checkout
- Worldwide shipping available
- Items can be returned for any reason within 30 days
- Contact us to obtain an RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization) prior to returning equipment
- 10% Restocking fee applies in most cases
- View Full Terms & Conditions
- If you encounter any issues with your equipment, our technicians will try to guide you through a solution, as it may be due to configuration
- If unable to resolve the issue over the phone, Inteleca will provide a replacement, repair the equipment, or issue a full refund
- Warranty Period limited to 90 Days for Resellers
- View Full Terms & Conditions