Cisco AIR-CT5520-K9 Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller w/rack mounting kit
Inteleca is not, and does not claim to be, an authorized Distributor/Reseller of this manufacturer's products.
Optimized for 802.11ac Wave2 performance, the intent-driven Cisco DNA™ ready Cisco® 5520 Wireless Controller is a highly scalable, service-rich, resilient, and flexible platform that enables next-generation wireless networks for medium-sized to large enterprise campus and branch deployments.
The Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller provides centralized control, management, and troubleshooting for high-scale deployments in service provider and large campus deployments. It offers flexibility to support multiple deployment modes in the same controller: for example, centralized mode for campus, Cisco FlexConnect™ mode for lean branches managed over the WAN, and mesh (bridge) mode for deployments where full Ethernet cabling is unavailable. As a component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, this controller provides real-time communications between Cisco Aironet® access points, the Cisco Prime® Infrastructure, and the Cisco Mobility Services Engine, and is interoperable with other Cisco controllers.
The Cisco Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) is an open and extensible, software-driven architecture that accelerates and simplifies your enterprise network operations. The programmable architecture frees your IT staff from time-consuming, repetitive network configuration tasks so they can focus instead on innovation that positively transforms your business. SD-Access, as part of Cisco DNA, enables policy-based automation from edge to cloud with foundational capabilities. Cisco DNA Assurance, also part of Cisco DNA, provides a single source to monitor, modify, and manage your network and application data.
The Cisco 5520 Wireless Controller, optimized for 802.11ac Wave2 performance, high scale, and enhanced system uptime, supports:
- Intent-driven programmability and streaming telemetry.
- Subsecond access point and client failover for uninterrupted application availability.
- Extraordinary visibility into application traffic, using Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC), the technology that includes the Network-Based Application Recognition 2 (NBAR2) engine, Cisco's Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) capability. This allows to mark, prioritize, and block to conserve network bandwidth and enhance security. Customers can optionally export the flows to Cisco Prime Infrastructure or a third party NetFlow collector.
- Embedded wireless Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) policy classification engine that allows classification of client devices and application of user group policies.
- Deployment of guest access and Bonjour and Chromecast services in centralized deployments.
- Software-defined segmentation with Cisco TrustSec® technology, reducing Access Control List (ACL) maintenance, complexity, and overhead.
- Integrated Cisco CleanAir® technology, providing the industry’s only self-healing and self-optimizing wireless network.
- Simplified GUI wizard for quick setup and intuitive dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Cisco DNA and SD-Access Wireless, as well as Cisco DNA Assurance.
|Management protocols||HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, Telnet, WCS|
|Supported protocols||CCMP, SNMP, CCM, TKIP-MIC, RFC 5426 TLS, RFC 2246 TLS, RFC 5415 CAPWAP, EAP, SNMP|
|Ethernet LAN data rates||10,100,1000 Mbit/s|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.11a,IEEE 802.11ac,IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11d,IEEE 802.11e,IEEE 802.11g,IEEE 802.11h,IEEE 802.11k,IEEE 802.11n,IEEE 802.11u,IEEE 802.11w,IEEE 802.1Q,IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3u|
|Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports||6|
|WAN connection||Ethernet (RJ-45)|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||17.3 x 21.2 x 1.75" (440 x 539 x 44.5 mm)|
|Weight||20.1 lbs (9.1 kg)|
|Heat dissipation||392 BTU/h|
|Input voltage||100 - 240|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||5 - 40 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-40 - 65 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 90%|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||5 - 95%|
|Operating altitude||0 - 118110.2" (0 - 3000 m)|
|Relative humidity||0 - 12192%|
|Safety||UL 60950-1:2003, EN 60950:2000, EMI and susceptibility (Class A), U.S.: FCC Part 15.107 and 15.109, Canada: ICES-003, Japan: VCCI, Europe: EN 55022, EN 55024|
- Orders placed before 4pm EST M-F will ship same day
- Estimated delivery window is calculated at checkout
- Worldwide shipping available
- Items can be returned for any reason within 30 days
- Contact us to obtain an RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization) prior to returning equipment
- 10% Restocking fee applies in most cases
- View Full Terms & Conditions
- If you encounter any issues with your equipment, our technicians will try to guide you through a solution, as it may be due to configuration
- If unable to resolve the issue over the phone, Inteleca will provide a replacement, repair the equipment, or issue a full refund
- Warranty Period limited to 90 Days for Resellers
- View Full Terms & Conditions