The Cisco 7600 Series Ethernet Services 20G (ES20) line cards are a multiple-fabric, fixed-port Ethernet line card for the Cisco 7600 series routers that are capable of 20 Gbps of traffic forwarding using a fixed port interface design.
The Cisco 7600 Series Ethernet Services 20G line cards have the following features:
- Large output buffers to prevent spurious packet loss. These output buffers provide up to 200 milliseconds (ms) of round-trip time buffer at an aggregate bandwidth of 10 Gbps
- Up to 8,000 queues per port, 16,000 queues total, for combined input and output queueing and scheduling
- The PXF processor provides programmable ingress and egress feature processing capability.
- NT3PE-500 with 128MB reduced latency DRAM (RLDRAM) per column
- 40+ Mpps Layer3/Layer4 forwarding, 125 Mpps Layer 2 forwarding
- Dual fabric attachment providing an aggregate bandwidth of 40 GBs, full duplex (each fabric channel provides 20 GBs full duplex)