Cisco 15454-OSC-CSM Combiner and Separator with OSC Module
Inteleca is not, and does not claim to be, an authorized Distributor/Reseller of this manufacturer's products.
The Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP incorporates an optical service channel (OSC) to provide a bidirectional channel connecting all the nodes in a DWDM ring. The OSC offers support for the following functions:
-Supervisory data channel (SDC) for node-to-node communications,
-Distribution of synchronous clocking,
-100-Mbps user data channel.
The OSC cards provide an OC-3/STM-1 formatted, 1510-nanometer (nm) signal inserted onto the fiber of a DWDM network outside the band for transmission signals. In nonamplified sites, the OSC-Combiner/Splitter Module (OSC-CSM) card provides access to the OSC received signal while expressing the remaining wavelengths and its transmitted signal is optically coupled into the fiber together with the transmitted wavelengths. In amplified sites, an OSC optical add/drop multiplexer (OADM) filter is integrated within the booster amplifier, providing the OSC wavelength to the OSCM (Optical Service Channel Module) card (Figures 3, 4, and 5). The OSC card's optical interface provides extended optical reach to meet the node-to-node distances found in typical metro and regional networks. The power levels of the OSC and composite express channels are controlled via software-controlled variable optical attenuators (VOAs) by the intelligent DWDM software of the Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP.
This card provides an internode communications channel for management and user data, allowing network-level communications to support intelligent DWDM implementation without the use of client transponder data-communication overhead. It integrates an optical add/drop filter to remove and add the OSC wavelength while passing the other wavelengths. The OSC-CSM is used in nodes without a booster amplifier or future cross-connect equipped systems.
|Power consumption (typical)||27 W|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||-5 - 55 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-40 - 85 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||5 - 95%|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||5 - 95%|
|Safety||CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-00 3 Ed., 12/1/2002, GR-1089-CORE, GR-63-CORE, TS001|
|Cable length||78.7" (2 m)|
|Electromagnetic emissions||ICES-003, GR-1089-CORE, 47CFR15, VCCI V-3/2000.04, CISPR24, GR-1089-CORE, CISPR24, EN 50082-2|
- Orders placed before 4pm EST M-F will ship same day
- Estimated delivery window is calculated at checkout
- Worldwide shipping available
- Items can be returned for any reason within 30 days
- Contact us to obtain an RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization) prior to returning equipment
- 10% Restocking fee applies in most cases
- View Full Terms & Conditions
- If you encounter any issues with your equipment, our technicians will try to guide you through a solution, as it may be due to configuration
- If unable to resolve the issue over the phone, Inteleca will provide a replacement, repair the equipment, or issue a full refund
- Warranty Period limited to 90 Days for Resellers
- View Full Terms & Conditions