Cisco 15454-MMU Mesh/Multiring Upgrade Unit, C-band and L-band
Inteleca is not, and does not claim to be, an authorized Distributor/Reseller of this manufacturer's products.
The Cisco® ONS 15454 Multiservice Transport Platform (MSTP) provides a comprehensive, intelligent dense wavelength-division multiplexing (DWDM) solution for expanding metropolitan area (metro) and regional bandwidth.
The Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP offers a Mesh/Multiring Upgrade (MMU) card to provide a simple, reliable, and cost-effective solution to upgrade a Degree-2 ROADM Node to support additional flexibility. The MMU card is part of the Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP intelligent DWDM architecture engineered to reduce DWDM complexity and speed the deployment of next-generation networking solutions.
The MMU card is a plug-in module that takes advantage of the proven Cisco ONS 15454 carrier-class features to deliver the flexibility to deploy a ROADM node that is scalable in-service to support additional add/drop directions. Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP ROADM units provide each customer with access to every wavelength in all the nodes of a network, with the flexibility to decide if the wavelength has to be dropped locally or be allowed to pass through to the rest of the network (Degree-2 ROADM). This flexibility is enough for about 80 percent of the add/drop locations in a metro or metro core DWDM network, according to what customers are expecting in the foreseeable future of their networks. Other locations in the network will require, in the future, the ability to route wavelengths and services across more than two directions (Degree-N ROADM). For all these locations the Mesh/Multiring Upgrade (MMU) card provides a solution today which will support the require flexibility in the future.
The MMU card can operate in both the C band and the L band and is compatible with 100-GHz and 50-GHz channel spacing. Each card features integrated optical power monitoring capabilities to provide node- and network-based automatic power-level management. The MMU card incorporates faceplate-mounted LEDs to provide a quick visual check of the operational status at the card. Printed on each of the faceplates is an icon, an orange circle, which is mapped to shelf-slot icons indicating the shelf slot where the card can be physically installed. The card is supported by the integrated Cisco Transport Controller craft manager, which provides the user access for operations, administration, maintenance, and provisioning (OAM&P) for the system.
The need for the MMU card in ROADM nodes depends on the requirements of the network. The Cisco MetroPlanner optical design tool is available to assist in the engineering, bill-of-material development, and deployment of the DWDM network.
|Number of service slots||1|
• VCCI V-3/2000.04
• EN 300 386-TC
• AS/NZS3548, Amendment 1 + 2 1995
• CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-00 Third Ed., 12/1/2002
• UL 60950 Third Ed., 12/1/2000
• EN60950 (to A4)
• IEC60950/EN60950, Third Ed.
• AS/NZS3260 Supplement 1, 2, 3, 4, 1997
|Power consumption (typical)||10 W|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||-5 - 55 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||5 - 95%|
- Orders placed before 4pm EST M-F will ship same day
- Estimated delivery window is calculated at checkout
- Worldwide shipping available
- Items can be returned for any reason within 30 days
- Contact us to obtain an RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization) prior to returning equipment
- 10% Restocking fee applies in most cases
- View Full Terms & Conditions
- If you encounter any issues with your equipment, our technicians will try to guide you through a solution, as it may be due to configuration
- If unable to resolve the issue over the phone, Inteleca will provide a replacement, repair the equipment, or issue a full refund
- Warranty Period limited to 90 Days for Resellers
- View Full Terms & Conditions